What to wear to a photo session? Five rules for guys.
If you want to show yourself in the best way in the pictures, you need to think about your outfit before the photo session. Here are five basic rules that would help you to look better in the photos.
1. Keep it simple. Your outfit should not distract attention from your face. Ideally, it should tell the viewers something about you.
2. Style matters. As Tony Robbins once said: "People like people who are like themselves; or who are like they would like to be." This means that when you choose between formal or smart casual outfit you need to think about your audience. Do they wear suits and ties or prefer casual shirts? If you want to have pictures for different occasions, then bring different clothes with you to the photo session.
3. Choose your colors. Usually, I recommend avoiding black and white colors because they look too bland in the pictures. Moreover, it's better to stay away from light green color, because it makes your skin look more pink than usual. Generally, pastel colors make you look fresh and young, dark colors make you look more serious and mature. Bright saturated colors might distract attention from your face, be very careful with them.
4. Patterns and details. People always pay attention to the big geometric figures in the pictures. That is why such elements as contrasting buttons, bold prints or extra details on your shirt will distract viewers attention from your face. It's better to choose the outfit with small geometric patterns or no patterns at all.
5. Be aware of the crop. If you are coming to the headshot session, only your shoulders will be visible in the pictures. If you want to make the portraits, then at least half of your body will be in the frame, which means that you need to think whether your shirt and pants match with each other.
If you have any questions or doubts, feel free to write me! I'm always happy to help :)